Word press is known to be SEO friendly. It is the most used method to start a blog as it makes sure to generate code that follows Search Engine Optimization techniques. Yet, to achieve high rankings one needs to do more than that. We will guide you on how to optimize your WordPress site for SEO. Once you start a WordPress website, optimizing it is the key to ranking higher.
How to install a WordPress plugin?
After installing WordPress, the next task is to install the plugin. Plugins are like apps for WordPress which allows you to add new features. Plugins are available as both free and paid – this guide will elaborate how. Before we begin, you should keep in mind that ‘WordPress.com’ does not facilitate installation of plugin, whereas the self-hosted ‘WordPress.org’ does.
1. The WordPress plugin wordbook has a limited number of plugins available in the search bar.
2. WPForms is available in the plugin wordbook. It is one of the best.
3. The installed plugin will only work if activated. Clicking the activate button is all that’s left.
4. Plugin settings are different for each of them. It will have to be configured.
Paid WordPress plugins are not available in the plugin directory. They require additional processes to be installed. Paid WordPress plugins need to be downloaded from the source, and then added to WordPress. Once installed, the plugin needs to be activated and configured.
Manually, FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is used to install plugins.
This is mostly used when the WordPress hosting provider has file restrictions. The FTP is not user friendly, hence not recommended for beginners.
There are no specified number of plugins for a WordPress. The speed and quality will not be affected with the number.
Making WordPress SEO friendly.
Making WordPress SEO friendly is important to achieve high rankings. Higher rankings on search engines will increase organic traffic and visibility. Google’s algorithm is neither accessible nor decodable, therefore the only way to achieve the abovementioned results is to optimize your WordPress site. Listed below are the ways to in which you can do so.
1. Select a theme that is SEO optimized for your WordPress.
2. ‘Permalink’ settings have to be updated to gain apparency.
3. Creating XML sitemaps are effective.
4. Optimizing images and contents along with regular updating.
5. Provide hyperlinks to related contents.
6. Proper arrangement of contents.
What is Yoast SEO Plugin?
The Yoast provides tools to bring the websites contents into the highest standards. Both free and premium/paid versions are available. It not only searches and provides the desired keyword, but also analyzes your content on all variations i.e., all synonyms and similar phrases are considered. The free Yoast SEO only allows us to focus on one keyword or phrase at a time, narrowing down your options. The premium or paid version allows you to add several keywords. So, when you are optimizing for ‘salt’, you are also optimizing for ‘pepper’.
The Yoast also provides internal linking. This helps search engines to analyze the structure of the site. The content will be naturally analyzed and related links will be provided to related content.
Internal Linking Blocks is another amazing feature which maintains the hierarchy of the earlier mentioned content. It divides the content into subpages, block and siblings blocks – highlighting the underlying pages and related pages respectively.
Yoast can make your content stand out from others and increase scope for ranking. It also provides a preview on how it looks in front of Google’s eyes using snippet editor, giving us a clearer view on how to improve our standards.
How to set up the Yoast SEO plugin?
To setup a free Yoast SEO plugin, one must first login to their WordPress website.
Follow the instructions given below carefully.
1. The left corner will have a menu bar which contains ‘plugins’.
2. Type ‘Yoast SEO’ in the search bar.
3. Your plugin will now be visible, all you’ll have to do is click ‘install now’.
4. The final step is to click the ‘Activate’ button.
Some cases also require the installation for Yoast FTP.
Implementing these steps will help you optimize your WordPress website and get one step closer to gaining visibility and ranking.